Monday, February 9, 2015

Scarlett Johansson Talks Black Widow!


During a recent interview with W Magazine, Scarlett Johansson talked about motherhood, her 2014 movie releases, and Black Widow. She goes on to state that people were surprised to find that she wanted to play a comic book heroine. I've included the quotes regarding Black Widow below, but you can read the full interview at the source below. (You can also view the photos from the photo shoot there, too!)


“People were surprised that I wanted to play a comic book heroine,” Johansson said. “But I loved Iron Man, and I met with Marvel to see what was possible. I had done my research, and the Black Widow character resonated with me. She is dark and has faced death so many times that she has a deep perspective on the value of life. In the sequel, you learn more about the sadness in her past.” Johansson might have well been talking about a classic heroine of epic complexity. “I think of her that way. Black Widow is a superhero, but she’s also human. She’s small, but she’s strong. It’s hard not to admire her.” Johansson laughed, perhaps realizing it was herself she could be describing. “She packs a big punch,” Johansson said as she left to check on her daughter, who was sleeping nearby. “We all try to fight the forces of evil. Like Black Widow, you have to keep trying. The challenge is always there.”

While I adore nearly all of the characters that have been brought into the MCU, Black Widow is easily one of my favorites and that isn't just because I love the character in general, but because I honestly love the way Scarlett has brought Natasha to life.

Source: W Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment