Thursday, February 5, 2015

Luke Mitchell Joins the Cast of AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.!


With A.K.A. JESSICA JONES starting production in New York, it looks like we're back to adding cast members to AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. This latest casting announcement is actually rather exciting because it is another Inhuman character! Per Marvel, Luke Mitchell, who is known for THE TOMORROW PEOPLE (CW), has joined the cast as Lincoln.

Here is the press release from Marvel:
The cast of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” just got a little more Inhuman with the addition of Luke Mitchell!
Luke Mitchell will make his debut this season as a charismatic Inhuman named Lincoln, who has an important role to play in Skye understanding the true extent of her transformation.

“With the revelations surrounding Skye’s true identity in the Winter Finale, we knew we’d be introducing more Inhumans as our story progressed,” said Executive Producer and Marvel’s Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. “The charming energy Luke brings to the role will make him a character to watch as we continue our season.” Known to American fans for his role as John Young in “The Tomorrow People,”  Mitchell previously had roles on “Home and Away,” “H2O: Just Add Water,” and “Neighbours” in his native Australia.
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is Executive Produced by Joss Whedon ("Marvel's The Avengers," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot co-writers, "Dollhouse," "Dr.Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"); Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "Alias"); and Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agent Carter,” “Marvel’s Daredevil,” "Lost").
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios.
"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns on Tuesday, March 3 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC. For more information on the series and the other exciting Marvel Television projects, stay tuned to Marvel.com.
Luke has also tweeted the following:
I'm actually way behind on my comic book reading when it comes to the Inhumans (I know, I know), so as far as I know, this isn't a character from the comics? Then again, this is the same show that gave us Skye, only for her to end up being Daisy Johnson, so it is possible Lincoln is just a name to throw us off. (Worth noting that they haven't announced a last name for the character.)

Either way, I'm excited. I'm glad that they are bringing in more Inhuman characters, and I'm even more thrilled by the fact that AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. is now leading the movies.

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Returns on March 3rd!

Source: Marvel.

No comments:

Post a Comment