Friday, February 6, 2015

Kenneth Branagh Would be "Delighted" to Work With Marvel Again.


While THOR didn't return huge profits at the box office when it was released in 2011, it was surprisingly good. Fans weren't sure what to expect. Branagh's past work made them curious about Marvel's decision to hire him, and people were worried they wouldn't capture Asgard (as well as Thor & Loki) accurately. In the end, it ended up surprising everyone by being a good film.

I thought it was a lot of fun, and I was hopeful Branagh would return for the sequel, THOR: THE DARK WORLD. Unfortunately, that never happened due to scheduling conflicts - although some sources claimed it was because of creative differences.

During a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, they asked him if, after working with Disney on the upcoming CINDERELLA film, if he'd be interested in working with Marvel again. Here is what he had to say:
Following this dalliance with Disney’s fairy-tale side, would you be keen to venture back to its Marvel stable?
I’m pleased to say that I continue to have good relationships with all my Marvel family. It’s a people game the movie game, and although these films are big articulated lorries, they still have to be driven by real people. I fondly remember good times working on Thor. So you always look to repeat that kind of thing, and if it happened again, I’d be delighted.
I enjoyed THOR: THE DARK WORLD, but it wasn't as great as it could have been. (I don't blame this on the director; I blame it on the fact that the villain wasn't well developed.) I think bringing Branagh back for THOR: RAGNAROK would be a wise decision. 

Of course, just because Branagh would be willing to work with Marvel again does not mean it'll happen. Still, I'm hopeful.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment