Saturday, February 28, 2015

Five Things I’d like to see from A.K.A. JESSICA JONES.



I only read ALIAS last year, after the Marvel/Netflix deal was announced. Before then, I’d seen some panels posted online, but hadn’t really gotten around to starting ALIAS. (It also hadn’t helped that the book wasn’t available in print when I went to purchase it, and the series isn’t available on Marvel Unlimited.) Once I finally read it, I completely understood the hype.

Sure, there were some parts near the end that were disgusting. Still, the way that Jessica’s character is written, and how she evolves over the course of the story? It’s excellent.

With that said, here are five things I’m really hoping to see from A.K.A. JESSICA JONES:

1. When Eka Darville was announced as Malcolm, I was pretty freaking stoked. He isn't a huge character in the series, as he only appears every now and again, but he does play a part in a pretty big arc in ALIAS. (More on that later.) I love their relationship in the comics, and if the show stays close to it? I'll be a happy camper.

2. Given that DAREDEVIL has already completed filming and these shows are all connected, I'm really hoping we'll get a Matt Murdock appearance. Along with Luke Cage, he's featured a decent amount in ALIAS as he's Jessica's lawyer after she gets into a bit of a mess. She also acts as his bodyguard down the line, so I'm really hoping Matt shows up. 

3. That they capture Jessica Jones from the comics. Jess is a bit of a mess. She drinks a lot. She smokes a lot. She's over the superhero life. But she's honestly a wonderful character. If there's anyone that could properly portray this character, it's definitely Krysten Ritter.

4. Mattie Franklin. Before the SPIDER-MAN deal was announced, I wasn't sure that Mattie would be a possibility. Now that Marvel can use SPIDER-MAN and his associated characters, I'm really hoping Mattie is written into the series. Even though her story is a bit troubling, it is a pretty important part of ALIAS. It also leads to a certain character appearing that I'm still waiting to see in the MCU. (See #5.)

5. Jessica Drew. She doesn't show up until close to the end of ALIAS, but seeing her interact with Jessica Jones is great. The chances of her appearing on A.K.A. JESSICA JONES? Pretty slim, I'd guess, but I'm still hopeful. 

I didn't list Jessica's relationship with Luke Cage, because we already know that is guaranteed. Nor did I mention J. Jonah Jameson because I don't believe that's a possibility. Marvel would probably prefer to introduce J. Jonah Jameson into the MCU in a movie. But who knows? Anything is possible!

What are you hoping to see on A.K.A. JESSICA JONES?


No comments:

Post a Comment