Thursday, March 5, 2015

New AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Poster Featuring Lady Sif!

This Tuesday's episode will see the return of Lady Sif on AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., so it's only fitting that the second limited edition poster revealed by Marvel & Entertainment Weekly today focuses on the character.


The poster was designed by Marcos Martin, who is a Eisner Award-winning comic book artist. This poster is pretty great. The colors are wonderful - they really pop. And while it focuses on Sif, we still have Skye front and center in the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo (which just so happens to shattered). Had I not already blown a ridiculous amount of money on last week's poster, I'd probably snatch this one too when it goes on sale tomorrow. 

Along with this great poster reveal, EW also had an interview with Exectuive Producer Jeff Bell to talk about the upcoming episode and what Lady Sif's arrival means for the characters of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
EW: I love everything about this piece. I love Marcos Martin and I love his work. Was there something in particular about his style that you felt specifically fit for this episode?
JEFF BELL: We love his covers, and we love his clean graphic quality, and he’s done a bunch of cool Batgirl stuff and some Wonder Woman stuff, and we just like the way he draws characters that way. There’s a real dynamic quality to them. I like really clean images, and for Lady Sif, it just seemed to really capture that. And then also having a concept ID behind it so it wasn’t just, “Oh, here’s a poster of a cool person,” but with S.H.I.E.L.D. crumbling, with what you see inside, and Skye centered within that, I thought that captured our story really well. Because you go, “Oh, is the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo shattering because of her sword? Or because of something else?”
We know Sif will appear on Earth after having lost her memory. Aside from the fun I know you’re going to have with this, can you talk a little bit about Sif’s reaction to Skye’s powers? Because right now, she has no idea what a superhero even acts like, right?
That’s a really good question. The other thing is that technically, Sif’s an alien. Technically. So we as S.H.I.E.L.D. have been experiencing a lot of alien weirdness towards the first half of the season. And we don’t know much about it. And suddenly, we have a person here who might be able to help, but doesn’t have any memory that’s really helpful. So there’s potential to learn things about other alien stuff, and perhaps we also presume that she doesn’t remember much…so that might be part of why this character is here now.
Also, I can’t not mention the title of this episode: “Who You Really Are.” This is obviously a nod to Sif remembering, but also, it’s a nod to Skye embracing her identity. I think the premiere was very much about the immediate aftermath of everything that happened, and now it’s how do you move forward.
I think for all of us, “who you really are” is revealed in these kind of situations. Which side are you on, how do you feel about that, who do you stand with, how do you feel about that? So very much on point with that is Lady Sif, and one of the things on point with that is Skye, but one of the things that I think is nice about that title is it also reflects on the rest of the team as well.

You can read the full interview by going to the link above. 
And make sure to tune into AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. this Tuesday at 9PM EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment